Contract package CP-01 is for the Land Development of Depot area. The contract for this package was awarded to Tokyu Construction Co. Ltd. The signing ceremony for this Contract Package was held on March 27, 2016 at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in Dhaka. Mr. Mofazzel Hossain, Managing Director of Dhaka Mass Transit Company Ltd, and Hiroshi Asakami, the authorised representative of Tokyu Construction Ltd, signed the contract on behalf of their respective companies. Road Transport and Bridges Minister Mr. Obaidul Quader attended the ceremony as the chief guest. The ceremony was also attended by the Honorable Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges Mr. Akabbar Hossain, MP, member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges Mr. Nazmul Haque Prodhan, MP, Road Transport and Bridges Secretary Mr. MAN Siddique, Japanese Ambassador to Bangladesh His Excellency Masato Watanabe, Chief Representative of JICA Mr. Mikio Hataeda, and Executive Director of Dhaka Transport Coordination Authority Mr. Md. Kaikobad Hossain.
Package progress in chronological order;
- The Tender notice for CP-01 was published on 22nd April, 2015.
- A total of 22 (Twenty Two) Tender documents were sold. 3 (Three) out of the 22 documents sold were submitted by bidders.
- JICA conferred its concurrence regarding Tender Evaluation on 24th November, 2015.
- The Board of Directors of DMTCL approved the technical evaluation report and conferred its approval for opening the financial proposal On 25th November, 2015.
- Financial Proposals were opened on 8th December, 2015, and the evaluation was completed.
- The negotiation with Tokyo Construction Ltd. started from 19th January, 2016 and the negotiation was finalized on 14th February, 2016.
- The Minutes of Discussion of negotiation and the evaluation report of financial proposal were sent to JICA for its concurrence on 28th February, 2016.
- In accordance with the concurrence from JICA, the contract for BD Tk. 5,670,674.409/- (including Vat-Taxes) was signed between DMTCL and Tokyo Construction Ltd on 27th March, 2016.
The time limit for implementation of the Contract Package is 08 September, 2016 upto 08 October, 2018.
- The Hon'ble Prime Minister inaugurated construction works on 26 June, 2016.
- Meanwhile, works of Sand Compaction Pile (SCP), Dynamic Compaction (DC) & Pre-fabricated Vertical Drain (PVD) are 100%, 65%, &100% respectively. In addition, 16% of Earth Filling work has been completed.
- The over all progress of construction works of this Package is 68% (upto September, 2017).
This page was last updated on : Sept, 2017